OHCRC Family Covenant
As brothers and sisters of OHCRC, we are gathered in the name of Christ Jesus our Lord.
We believe that we are called to live together in the fellowship of the Holy Spirit. We
are therefore called to treat one another , and respond to conflict, in loving ways that
are remarkably different from the ways of the world.
As the family of OHCRC, we covenant togetyher to:
- Seek to be Christ's body, in prayer and submission to the Holy Spirit.
1 Thess 5:16-19
- Build each other up through encouragement, prayer, and kind actions.
1 Thess 5:10-24
- Respect and honor the leadership of the church.
1 Thess 5:12-13
- Communicate in clear, truthful and loving ways.
- Offer our ideas and suggestions with patience, humility, and clarity.
- Forgive each other as the Lord forgave us with the intent to reconcile any offense given or
taken, so that we may worship the Lord in unity.
- Make positive investments in each other's lives - Rejoice in each other's blessings,
and bear one anoter's burdens.
- Seek the Spirit's guidance for the good of the church as a whole.
- Accept disagreement, conflict, and evlauation as normal (in humble awareness that we
are all sinners saved by grace).
- Love each other the way Christ loved us - walk hand in hand even through we may not
always see eye to eye.
- Believe the best about each other and give each other the benefilt of the doubt -
Think of others as better than myself.
- Commit to sacrificial living for one another as Christ lives for us - commit to being
inconvenienced for the sake of the Gospel.