- How long, Lord? Will you forget me forever?
- How long will you hide your face from me?
- How long must I wrestle with my thoughts
- and day after day have sorrow in my heart?
- How long will my enemy triumph over me?
- Look on me and answer, Lord my God.
- Give light to my eyes, or I will sleep in death,
- and my enemy will say, “I have overcome him,”
- and my foes will rejoice when I fall.
- But I trust in your unfailing love;
- my heart rejoices in your salvation.
- I will sing the Lord’s praise,
- for he has been good to me.
Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV® Copyright ©1973, 1978, 1984,
2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.